11.19.2009

November Living...

Have you seen the November issue of Southern Living?! It will definitely get you ready for the upcoming holidays, with all the trimmings. They started with giving you a simple centerpiece idea, mum balls paired in pretty silver vases. Love it! I am not sure what it is about fall and Thanksgiving, but I think mums are the perfect flower for the season.
They showcase a great Guest room makeover that gives you plenty of ideas you may need for sprucing up your space for the holidays. I loved the framed wallpaper artwork. It is graphic enough to make a statement in the room, but subtle enough not to take over the space. {And they list all there sources...love that!}

And we can't forget the food! With the holidays quickly approaching it is definitely one the things we look forward to...eating. They have dozens of recipes to help you through the holidays if you need any ideas; from appetizers to desserts and everything in between {don't miss the recipe index on pg. 189}. My mouth was watering just reading over each recipe! {Warning: do not read when you are hungry or you may want to eat the pages!}

13 comments:

Vintage Living Magazine said...

Yes, it's a wonderful issue! There's nothing like this time of year for decorating, entertaining and enjoying life. :-)

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thank author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Carrie said...

I love the rug that they turned into a pillow on the bed!

down pillow said...

Haven't checked out the issue, but LOVE that guest room - really nice makeover :)

Design Actually said...

I think I need to buy this issue, I can't get over that bedroom makeover!

the.neo.lifestyle said...

what a nice transformation, love it.

Thanks for sharing.

David

No.35style said...

great transformation...love this room!

Haven and Home said...

I haven't read it yet, can't wait!

Atticmag said...

When I posted my review of the *new* Southern Living I too, noted the sources being listed. I found it most helpful--especially the recommendations of where to find something that was no longer available. Must check into wallpaper as art. Liking that idea very much.
Happy Thanksgiving..Jane T.

James XVI said...

I love the plank floors in the first picture. I have a lot of floor projects in the pipleine at Garvinweasel, so always filing away ideas and this one is a keeper. Thanks for this lovely post.

James

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

As soon as I catch up on my blog reading- I'm on to my stack of magazines. And I have my post-its ready for the SL recipes.

http://interior4homes.blogspot.com/ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Real estate Philippines said...

This was WONDERFUL. HUGE thanks for the tips. You made this a wonderful, but simple, blog. This is a great resource.

KUDOS!!!

Deirdre G